Thursday 26 February 2015

Inquiry 2015


Questioning is the basis for my inquiry this year.
I have chosen questioning in regards to reading and the questions that students are posed with whilst in micro teaching groups.

I chose this as my inquiry focus for the reason that a focus for me has been to extend and scaffold higher order thinking.
To get this students needed to be provided with 'quality questions'. This is something I feel there is much improvement for.

SO what am I going to do to begin with?
My first step is to research and look for examples of higher order reading questions. This will be online and from reading a variety of texts, to even watching DVD's and clips online.

LEARN - If there is a common prompt or pattern between questions that require higher order thinking.

CREATE  - Examples of these questions and carefully construct questions that I can pose students with.

SHARE - These questions with one reading group and slowly focus on implementing such question on more than one group.

1 comment:

  1. A great place to start. It will be interesting to see how this evolves and how you can then apply it to creative tasks. There are some useful verbs that are attributed to each of the levels of SOLO that could be helpful.

    ReplyDelete